AFFINITI FINANCE LIMITED
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR INDIVIDUALS
KEY COMMITMENTS TO BORROWERS WHO ARE PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS
Affiniti Finance Limited will:
- act fairly with integrity, honesty and responsibly in all its dealings with you;
- make sure that all services and products meet the requirements of this Code;
- make sure that all services and products meet all the relevant laws and regulations, including the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (and all regulations made under it) and the Equality Act 2010;
- have regard to relevant Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) guidance;
- not discriminate against you because of your race, sex, disability, ethnic background or sexuality;
- help you when you need information and guidance, including explaining how the product(s) will affect your finances;
- act honestly and try to make sure that all other suppliers of goods and services we do business with do the same;
- not pressurize you to enter into any agreement with us and try to make sure that all other suppliers of goods and services we do business with do not pressurize you;
- correct mistakes, handle complaints quickly and sympathetically and tell you how to take a complaint forward if you are still not satisfied;
- co-operate with regulators (such as the FCA) and organisations that handle complaints (such as the Financial Ombudsman Service);
- consider cases of financial difficulty sympathetically and positively;
- treat all your personal information as private and confidential, and run secure and reliable systems;
- train our staff to make sure that the procedures they follow reflect the commitments set out in this Code; publicise the Code and make copies freely and readily available to you; and
- ensure our service promotes access to justice, by providing claimants with the resources that they need to pursue, successfully, their meritorious claims.
Our financial products are often complex. We do not provide financial advice and we would never recommend that a client enters a loan with us.
Our responsibility is clear – to take steps to ensure that we explain how our product works and the exact nature of the commitment that a client is considering taking on.
We ensure clarity in all our documents, contract terms and communication written or verbal.
We act with humanity, decency and understanding when considering loan applications and in all our dealings.
We offer a tailored approach to each case. We will ensure you receive a carefully considered response on a timely basis.
Our clients be given the opportunity to carefully consider all information prior to signing the loan agreement.
We will act responsibility and carefully about sending you details of services and products.
We will not knowingly send marketing material about our loans to you if you are under 18.
We will make sure that all our promotional literature will be clear and not misleading. All our advertising and promotional material will comply with relevant advertising legislation and industry codes of practice.
We will maintain a complaints procedure.
PUBLICISING THIS CODE
Whenever you ask, we will confirm that we follow this Code of Conduct, copies of which are freely available.
Lending You Money
We will make sure that all loan applications go through a sound and proper credit assessment. We will give you enough information to allow you to make informed decisions about the loan offered to you.
If we refuse your loan application, we will give you, if you ask, the main reason why you have not met our lending conditions. You will have a right to ask us to review our decision. We will tell you whom to contact if you want us to review our decision.
We shall take reasonable steps to advise the Funded Party to seek independent advice prior to the execution of the loan documentation. The Funded Party will be requested to confirm in writing or verbally that it has taken advice from a solicitor or barrister instructed in the dispute.
We will not take any steps that cause or are likely to cause the Funded Party’s solicitor or barrister to act in breach of their professional duties;
We will not seek to influence the Funded Party’s solicitor or barrister to cede control or conduct of the dispute.
We will take particular care if you are suffering from health problems, including mental health difficulties, when we are made aware of this.
- appropriately training staff to handle accounts, including those dealing with complaints and collecting debts for us; and
- being sensitive to your condition and responding appropriately when dealing with you or someone authorised to act on your behalf.
We will observe the confidentiality of all information and documentation relating to the dispute to the extent that the law permits, and subject to the terms of any Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Agreement agreed between the Funder and the Funded Party.
MONITORING AND COMPLIANCE
We have a Code Compliance Officer and our internal auditing procedures make sure we comply with this Code.
Affiniti Finance Ltd